Easiplay Club Card Membership Terms
View Easiplay Club Bonus Draw Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
These Membership Terms are effective from 7th October 2015.
- Application of Membership Terms: These are the Membership Terms applicable to Easiplay Club membership. They are important and should be read carefully by you. By having a Tatts SA Product Account, you are automatically registered as a member of the Easiplay Club card program. If you have been automatically registered as a member of the Easiplay Club card program you will only be issued an actual or electronic Easiplay Club card if you elect to receive an Easiplay Club card.
- Fees: To have (and continue to have) an Easiplay Club card and be (and continue to be) an Easiplay Club member, including eligibility for the Monthly Bonus Draws, you must, when requested by us or an Tatts SA Outlet, pay the activation fee and annual administration fee as set by us. These fees are non-refundable.
- Details regarding the activation and annual administration fees set by us can be found at Tatts SA Outlets and at www.salotteries.com.au. We will notify you of any changes to the fees.
- If you are already a member of the Easiplay Club card program before you open a Tatts SA Product Account, you can link your Easiplay Club card to your Tatts SA Product Account. By linking your Easiplay Club card to your Tatts SA Lotteries Product Account, you will be able to view online your transaction history for all purchases made by you at any Tatts SA Outlet where those purchases are registered to your Easiplay Club card.
- Acceptance of Membership Terms: You agree to the Easiplay Club Membership Terms either expressly (e.g. when you expressly accept them as part of the registration process) or implicitly (e.g. when you make use of your Easiplay Club card to enter a lottery or otherwise make use of the benefits or services available to Easiplay Club members). If you are asked to accept these Membership Terms in respect of your existing Easiplay Club membership then your acceptance acknowledges that the Membership Terms replace those which applied to your existing membership, to the extent that they are different.
- Eligibility: Easiplay Club membership is only available to persons 18 years of age or older. Your right to make use of your Easiplay Club membership to participate in a lottery (e.g. the use of your Easiplay Club card to purchase an entry) is conditional upon your compliance with these Membership Terms.
- Existing Members: If you are already an Easiplay Club member and your card is in the name of two players then from 7 April 2014 the first named person on the card will be taken to be the registered player for the purposes of advising Tatts SA of any updates to your membership details and for payment of prizes. All prize payments in relation to the Easiplay Club membership card shall be paid to that player.
- Prizes: Prizes registered to an Easiplay Club card can only be claimed if you present the relevant Easiplay Club card (i.e. the same Easiplay Club card as was used to register the entry). We may additionally request either a statutory declaration of ownership or the original entry ticket be produced prior to the payment of any prize registered on an Easiplay Club card.
- A prize registered on your Easiplay Club card (other than a Division 1 prize, a 1st Prize for Set for Life and Keno Spot 9 and Spot 10 top prizes which will be paid in accordance with the relevant Rules) and not claimed within the Autopay period, at our election, or at your election if you have a linked Tatts SA Product Account may be paid in any one of the following ways:
- by crediting the then recorded Tatts SA Product Account which you have linked to your Easiplay Club card (but only if you are an unrestricted member, that is, only if your identity, age and place of residence have been verified in accordance with our identification procedures);
- by remittance in Australian dollars through a bank account nominated by you with an Australian branch of a bank carrying on business in Australia;
- by cheque or by Gift Vouchers to you and forwarded by ordinary post to the address recorded for you on our lottery system file. In the case of a prize less than the amount determined by SA Lotteries, the prize will not autopay until a subsequent prize is won bringing the consolidated prize amount above the amount determined by SA Lotteries, and payment will then be made. In the event that a subsequent prize is not won and autopaid within 12 months, the prize will be forfeited;
- Prizes in respect of multi-week entries will be paid in the period ending 28 days from midnight on the day of determination of the results of the final draw as shown on the ticket.
- In all other cases, the period ending 28 days from midnight on the day of determination of the results of the draw.
- If a Division 1 prize, a 1st Prize for Set for Life or Keno Spot 9 and Spot 10 top prize is registered to your Easiplay Club card, we will attempt to contact you by email, telephone or other means of electronic communication by the end of the next business day after the draw date, on the email address or telephone number registered to the Easiplay Club card (which you are required to keep up to date).
- Division 1 prizes or Keno Spot 9 and Spot 10 top prizes (not including 1st Prize for Set for Life which will be paid in accordance with the relevant Rules) will be paid 14 days from the day following a draw, at our election, either by electronic funds transfer into an account with an Australian branch of a bank carrying on business in Australia, [or by cheque in person at our offices], or, if we agree (at our absolute discretion) to a request by you, by cheque forwarded by registered or express post to your current address.
- A nominal handling fee (which may include postage costs and a processing fee) inclusive of GST may be deducted from prize payments made by electronic funds transfer, cheques or such other manner as SA Lotteries determines We will give you notice of the introduction or increase of any fee at least 30 days before the change. Prize cheques for which a 'stop payment' is placed at your request, or which have been cancelled, returned or re-issued as a result of your failure to keep your details current, may incur additional handling/service fees to cover any costs imposed on us by third parties, including those fees charged by the bank of issue, and may be deducted from the value of the prize.
- Prize claims: Prize winning lottery tickets are bearer documents and any prize payment by us to a person surrendering a winning lottery ticket shall discharge any liability we have in respect of that winning lottery ticket, irrespective of whether the lottery ticket is registered to a particular Easiplay Club member or not.
- Mistake: Notwithstanding anything else in the Membership Terms, if a prize is registered to your Easiplay Club card by mistake (e.g. if you are not the true owner of the ticket but the ticket has been mistakenly registered to your Easiplay Club card) and we pay you the prize, you are to reimburse us the amount of that prize upon demand. Where it comes to our attention that we have paid you a prize in error, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- Personal details: It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal details (including the details of any Tatts SA Product Account linked to your Easiplay Club card), your bank account details and address provided to us by you for recording on our lottery system file are correct, complete and accurate at all times, and not misleading or likely to mislead. You must promptly notify us of all changes. In order to effect some changes, you may be required to complete a change of details form made available by us. You acknowledge that we rely on this information provided by you to, amongst other things, process your prize payments.
- Availability of internet services: The accessibility and operation of the Easiplay Club membership program relies on internet technologies outside of our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility, uninterrupted operation or any particular standard of performance of this service.
- Ownership of Easiplay Club card: The Easiplay Club card remains our property. We reserve the right to withdraw the card and terminate the Easiplay Club membership program at any time and to pay out any prize moneys which may be outstanding, in accordance with the Rules, by giving you at least 30 days’ notice. You may continue to use your Easiplay Club card in accordance with the Membership Terms during the notice period. Where we withdraw your Easiplay Club card in accordance with this section, no fees or charges will be payable by you and you will be entitled to claim a pro rata refund of the administration fee for any remaining period of membership after the date of termination.
- Breaches: If you have committed a material breach of any of the Membership Terms, including for example, if we become aware or reasonably believe that your Easiplay Club card may have been used to facilitate or is connected with unlawful, suspicious or fraudulent transactions or has been misused, or been subject to unauthorised use we may, without limitation to such other rights and remedies we may have, terminate your membership. We will notify you as soon as possible of the termination without any requirement to outline the reasons for such cancellation.
- Liability: We assume no responsibility or liability for lost or stolen tickets and under no circumstances shall registration as an Easiplay Club member entitle a person to whom a winning ticket is registered to claim a prize previously paid by us to a person surrendering a winning ticket to us or a Tatts SA Outlet. If your ticket is lost or stolen you should tell us immediately. If you tell us in adequate time and before the prize is claimed, we may be able to stop payment of the prize.
- Except to the extent that guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law cannot be excluded we will not be liable for any errors or omissions in respect of numbers stored on our lottery system or any inability to record or retrieve numbers stored on your Easiplay Club card or to otherwise access our lottery system for any purpose, save to the extent that such errors, omissions or inabilities arise from our negligence or wilful misconduct or that of any of our officers, employees or agents. It remains your responsibility to check that numbers and/or entry details recorded on lottery tickets are correct at the time of issue.
- Except to the extent that guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law cannot be excluded, Easiplay Club membership is at your own risk and you relieve us of any liability to you whatsoever (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your membership or as a result of your use or attempted use or reliance on any information, service or facility provided to you as a Easiplay Club member, save to the extent that such loss or damage arises from our negligence or wilful misconduct (or that of any of our officers, employees or agents).
- Privacy: Tatts SA is authorised to collect personal information for the purpose of processing your application for registration of your membership of the Tatts SA Easiplay Club program under the Lotteries (General) Rules.
- By becoming a member you consent and authorise us to access, collect and use the personal information collected about you and disclose personal information about you, to the Promoter Group and its contractors and agents (which may include disclosure to financial institutions, lawyers, auditors, IT service providers, mail service providers, marketing service providers, market research companies, selling agents) and gaming and other regulators, for the purposes of (i) registration of your membership; and (ii) providing you with information about products and services.
- We may also disclose this information to any person who is the bearer of a lottery ticket that is registered to your Easiplay Club card, for the purposes of the administration and conduct of the Easiplay Club program. We may also disclose your Easiplay Club card number on the customer display screen when you choose to use your Easiplay Club card during a lottery transaction. It is a condition of membership that you consent to these uses and disclosures of your information by us. When submitting your membership registration, you can elect to not have your name disclosed when announcing major prize winners. You will usually be entitled to gain access to information which we hold about you, except in certain circumstances specified by legislation. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in providing you with access to your personal information.
- Communication with you: By becoming an Easiplay Club member you consent to us contacting you by email and/or SMS or other means of electronic communication to provide you with information about upcoming events, promotions, new products and services or other similar opportunities including payment of free prize tickets. Each time we contact you with direct marketing, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out from receipt of direct marketing activities and we will promptly act on your request to opt-out. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can opt-out of any or all of them at any time by updating your communication preferences by contacting us on 131 868 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Variation of Membership Terms: We may vary any of the Membership Terms by getting your consent or complying with this section. The steps we must take depend on the type of variation. If we reasonably consider that any change to the Membership Terms is likely to benefit you or be of immaterial detriment to you, we can make the change immediately and do not need to notify you. We will notify you of any other change to the Membership Terms either by (at our election) mail to an address provided to us by you, or by email to the email address provided to us by you, sent by us at least 30 days prior to the change occurring. The notification will specify the date of commencement of the change to the Membership Terms. If you consider that any change to the Membership Terms is detrimental to you, you may terminate your membership without any fees or charges, and we will pay out any prize moneys which may be outstanding, in accordance with the Rules.
- Notices: Where we are required or permitted to give you a notice under the Membership Terms, we may do so, if the notice is about a variation of the Membership Terms, by complying with section 16, or otherwise, in any way, including by giving you the information in person (whether it be provided by us or our agents), or giving you the information by telephone, mail, email or any other form of communication using the contact details you give to us, or making the information available at www.salotteries.com.au.
- Where we give you notice:
- in person, it is taken to be received by you at the time we give it;
- by mail, it is taken to be received by you on the day after posting;
- by email, it is taken to be received by you when the email is sent, regardless of any response to the email; and
- by other means of communication when the messages are sent
- by making information available on www.salotteries.com.au, it is taken to be received by you at the time the information is made available on www.salotteries.com.au
- Where you are required or permitted to give us a notice under the Membership Terms, you may do so by giving us the notice by:
- Agreement between group entrants: We shall not be bound by any rule or agreement made between group entrants.
- Assignment: We may assign our rights and obligations under the Membership Terms to other companies in the Tatts Group and we will give you notice no later than 30 days after any such assignment occurs. Otherwise, we may assign our rights and obligations by giving you notice in accordance with section 17. If you consider that the assignment is detrimental to you, you may terminate your membership without any fees or charges, and we will pay out any prize moneys which may be outstanding, in accordance with the Rules.
- Application of game rules: The Membership Terms are to be read in conjunction with the Lotteries (General) Rules and other game rules governing our lottery games which are available for inspection at www.salotteries.com.au. In the event of any conflict between the Membership Terms and the Rules, the Rules will prevail to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
- Jurisdiction: The laws of South Australia govern the Membership Terms. Each of us submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of South Australia.
- Waiver: Any non-enforcement by us of any of our rights under the Membership Terms will not constitute a waiver of those rights. Any waiver by us of any of our rights under the Membership Terms will not constitute a waiver on any subsequent occasion.
- Website: There are sections in the Membership Terms which cross reference or link to information on www.salotteries.com.au. Unless the context otherwise requires, that cross reference or link is not intended to make the cross referenced or linked information a part of the Membership Terms.
Nothing in the Membership Terms affects your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
In the Membership Terms:
“Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation;
- "person" includes an individual, a word importing the singular includes the plural (and vice versa), and a word indicating a gender includes every other gender;
- if a word or phrase is given a defined meaning, any other part of speech or grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning;
- "includes" in any form is not a word of limitation;
- a reference to "$" or "dollar" is to Australian currency; and
- a reference to “application” or “application for registration” means your application described in section 5 of Part B of the Terms and Conditions.
“Membership Terms” mean the Easiplay Club card membership terms contained in this document as amended from time to time.
"Tatts SA" means Tatts Lotteries SA Pty Ltd (ACN 146 245 007).
“Tatts SA Outlets” means a retailer appointed by Tatts SA.
“Tatts SA Product Account” means an internet account with Tatts SA.
“Rules” means the game rules approved by the Minister from time to time for the conduct of lotteries.
“Tatts Group” means Tatts Group Limited (ACN 108 686 040) and its related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act).
"You" and "your" means you, the Easiplay Club member.
“We”, “us” and “our” means Tatts SA.