What is Powerball?
Powerball is Australia’s big jackpotting lottery. We supercharged the game in April 2018 to offer more overall winners and an increased chance of big jackpots, more often.
Powerball is a game of chance drawn from 2 barrels. 7 numbers are drawn from the main barrel (numbered from 1 to 35) and 1 Powerball number is drawn from the Powerball barrel (numbered from 1 to 20).
How do I win Powerball?
Powerball offers a minimum Division 1 prize pool of $3 Million and has delivered some of Australia's biggest jackpot prizes!
There are 9 prize divisions in Powerball. You can win a prize with as little as 2 winning numbers plus the Powerball number in a single game. To win the jackpot (Division 1) your entry needs to match all 7 winning numbers plus the Powerball number in a single game.
If there are no Division 1 prize winners, the prize pool jackpots to the next draw.
See our How to Win section for more information on how you can increase your chances of winning.
When does the Powerball Draw close?
Powerball closes at 7:30pm (AEST) every Thursday night, and is drawn shortly after. The results are generally available on the day of draw by 9:00pm (AEST). Dividends for each game are updated following the draw and are available on the morning following the draw.
Where can I play Powerball?
You can purchase your Powerball entry in-store, online or via the Lott App.
How do I play Powerball?
The first step to playing Powerball is deciding if you want to play a QuickPick or a Marked Entry.
- A QuickPick is the easiest way to play, where the number of games you play is fixed and your numbers are randomly generated for you.
- A Marked entry lets you choose how many games you would like to play, plus you can choose the numbers that are meaningful to you, and even save them as a Favourite for next time. You can play up to 18 games by marking a coupon in-store, or up to 50 games when creating your own entry online.
You can add more to your Powerball entry for more chances to win!
- A PowerHit entry guarantees you the winning Powerball number.
- A System entry allows you to pick more numbers from the main barrel of 35. You can pick from 8 to 20 numbers, giving you more chances to win multiple prize divisions. Learn more about System entries.
- You can also get a PowerHit System entry which not only guarantees the Powerball, but allows you to pick from 8 to 15 numbers from the main barrel.
- A Pick entry guarantees you either one or two winning numbers from the main barrel of 35. Learn more about Pick entries.
- You can also get a PowerHit Pick 5 or PowerHit Pick 6 entry which guarantees the Powerball, and also one or two winning numbers from the main barrel.
You can also schedule your entry.
- If you're planning a holiday or won't be able to make it to your local store, you can purchase an entry into an Advance draw, or play your entry across multiple draws with a Multi-Week entry.
- If you play online you can Subscribe to your entry to automatically play into every draw or when the Powerball jackpot reaches a certain amount.
To find out more about the different Powerball entry types available and ways to make playing Powerball easier, visit our Help Centre.
What is a Powerball Syndicate?
A Powerball Syndicate is where you play as a group to have more chances of winning.
With a Syndicate entry, you can pool your money with a group of players to buy bigger entries, which could increase your chance of winning. If your syndicate wins, the prizes are shared amongst all group members.
Syndicates can be set up in-store with the help of a friendly staff member or using the Lott Syndicate Planner. Find out more about Syndicates here.
How do I check my Powerball ticket?
Powerball winning numbers are usually available no later than 9:00pm (AEST) via the Lott website.
You can check your Powerball ticket online, in-store, or scan your ticket using the Lott App. See our Results Services page for more information on how to get your results.
View the official Game Rules for Powerball.