A Croydon Hills man in his 40’s was surprised to discover he’d become more than $78,000 richer on the weekend after his Super 66 entry won first division.

The excited man admitted he was clueless about his super win until he received a phone call from Tatts to break the good news.

“Oh great! That’s really great!” the stunned man stammered.

“I had no idea because I just buy a ticket that covers a fortnight and any prizes appear next time I go in to buy a new one – it’s just too nerve racking for me to look up the results!

“I never thought I’d win division one, but this will go quite nicely towards knocking off some of my mortgage I think. It’s fabulous news!”

The winner has chosen to remain anonymous.

The division one winning Super 66 ticket was purchased at Croydon Hills Post, News & Lotto, Shop 1, 48 McAdam Square in Croydon Hills.

Shibu Joseph is the owner of Croydon Hills Post, News & Lotto and was almost more surprised that he’d sold a division one winning Super 66 than the winner himself.

“Oh my god! Oh my god! That’s very good news! Great job!” Mr Joseph exclaimed.

“I can’t believe it! This is a brand new outlet for us – we’ve been running it for nearly eight months since February this year so to have sold a division one winning entry to one of our customers so soon after opening is an amazing feeling!

“Now we have realised the dream of selling first division, I can’t wait to do it again!”

It was the only entry that scooped the entire first division prize pool of $78,337.10 in Super 66 draw 3665.

The winning numbers in Super 66 draw 3665 on Saturday 3 September 2016 were 6, 9, 0, 6, 0 and 2.

Super 66 is an add-on game played with TattsLotto, Monday and Wednesday TattsLotto, Oz Lotto, Powerball and The Pools.

The Lott’s division one winning tally is now sitting at 76 so far this financial year, including 26 from Tatts.